- Published: 2005-05-20 21:23
- Modified: 2005-09-19 09:19
- Author: Arve Bersvendsen
- Requires: Opera 8.0
- License: GPL
- Install as: Opera User JS
Learn how to install scripts
This script tries to improve image browsing in Opera, by prefetching images under certain conditions:
- It is active on all pages whose document title contains the text “Index of”, which is typically used for directory listings.
- On pages where this script is active, it will search for links to image files, and preload these images.
During image loading, a status text in the upper left corner of the screen should indicate that images are being preloaded, and when preloading is done, the status changes, displaying how many images it successfully preloaded, and how many failed, if any.
The script has a hard-coded preloading limit of 64 images, that can be changed by altering the
prefetch_limit variable in the script. Setting this to
-1 will preload all images, and setting it to
0 will disable preloading entirely.