- Published: 2006-01-24 09:43
- Modified: 2006-01-25 13:10
- Author: João Eiras
- Requires: Opera 8.0
- License: GPL
- Install as: Opera User JS
Learn how to install scripts
This script prefetches other web pages linked to the current, in a similar way as a Gecko browser. It looks for link tags in the page header with rel next, prev or prefetch. The pages are prefetched in a hidden iframe. The script removes all objects and embed from the prefetched page to prevent this content from interfering with the current page. It also prevents scripts from running so the prefetched page won't pop up.
This script works when the page loads and it's fully automatic. No user interaction required.
- If the prefetched page is redirected by the server the script isn't aware of this and therefore the page won't have its content stripped nor scripts overridden.
- If for some reason the window.opera object gets erased or overwritten (browser.js for Yahoo does this) this script will not be able to override page scripts.
- While pages are being prefetched in the background, you'll see the progress bar: this is something the script cannot control.
If you encounter problem in pages, due to a known issue, or not, add the url of that page to the exclude section of the script header.