Hide objects until double click (Flash block)
- Published: 2005-10-29 20:00
- Modified: 2005-10-29 23:01
- Author: TarquinWJ
- Requires: Opera 8.0
- Install as: Opera User JS
Learn how to install scripts
Hides all objects, embeds, applets, and iframes (you can add to this list, or remove from it). Once the page has loaded, you can double click to display them again. The script can optionally display a notification when it blocks something. By default, this notification is shown for 5 seconds.
Hidden objects are optionally replaced with a placeholder that you can click to show each individual object. This is also keyboard accessible - use Shift+Left/Right/Up/Down to select the placeholder, and press Enter/Return to unhide the object.
- Version 2.1: Added the option (enabled by default) to show the address of the blocked object in a tooltip when you hold your mouse over the placeholders.
- Version 2.0: Added the option (enabled by default) to show placeholders.
- Version 1.1: Added the ability to protect object tags if they match specific mimetypes (defaults to image/* text/* and application/*xml).