- Published: 2005-11-19 23:37
- Modified: 2005-11-19 23:40
- Author: Luchio
- Requires: Opera 8.0
- Install as: Opera User JS
Learn how to install scripts
This impressive script takes the word "search" to a whole new level. It has some impressive capabilities and features:
- Integrates with Google search, and highlights search results on pages that you open from the Google results.
- Allows you to search for multiple words on any page, and highlights all search results.
- Lists all search matches in a convenient notification.
- Remembers search terms (using cookies) for each site.
- Understands "quoted searches".
- Works with framed pages.
The script also offers the following options:
- Choose if the script should integrate with Google search results.
- Say if the script should show a results notification.
- Choose if the script should store search terms in cookies.
- Show an alert on pages with frames, showing the combined search totals.
- Say if it sould always prompt for search terms when using the search field button (see * below).
See the Opera Wiki page for more details.
After installing the script, the Google integration is automatic. After searching on google, click a link to open a page, and the results will be automatically highlighted.
As well as highlighting the results on the page, a small notification will be displayed in the top right corner of the window, listing all the matches. The notification has a few features of its own:
- Click the + to find for some other search terms.
- Click the _ to hide the notification.
- Click the X to hide the notification and remove the highlighting of search results.
- Click the individual result terms to scroll to each match in turn.
To search on a page that was not found through Google, you can use one of these options:
- Drag this link to your toolbars (not the personal bar, page bar, or panel) to produce a search field:
- Drag this link to your toolbars (not the personal bar, page bar, or panel) to produce a button:
- Drag this link to the right of an existing search field on your toolbars, to use the input from that field:
- Highlight *
- Bookmark this link and click the bookmark to activate it: